Saturday, December 3, 2011

Casa Rosada (pink house), Argentina

Is the Argentinian president's office. It is open to the public only during weekends. The following link has photos of most of the rooms inside the pink house. I like the room of women and the room of scientists. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casa_Rosada

I run into two concerts in town today. The 1st one was next to the praza de mayo and played traditional and tango music, and the other one was right in front of the congressional building and played rock music for AIDS awareness.

One thing I noticed again was argentians' hobbit of cutting into lines. O hand-gestured a lady that should get in a 1st line to get a number than my line to get in the tour. She simply ignored me and other people and sneaked into the tour. Most of the time I warmed the offender and deterred them, but not this time. I had an even worst experience in a supermarket checkout line. The old lady not only ignored me but also gave me a "so what" look.

I think it is an ego issue. They think they are more important than others so it is ok to save their time by cutting into lines. Argentina men have big egos. One even commented that American women are fat and disgusting. Im fact, I see quite a few fat Argentina women as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment