Saturday, October 29, 2011

Arrived chile after 32 hrs bus ride

And missed the earthquake in Peru.

On my Way to tacna, the border city, I woke up in the beautiful views of the Peruvian coastal line and sun rise on my overnight bus to Tacna. This section is right along the edge of the coast with great views, rather than distant from the coast line as the northern section.

After over 3 weeks of traveling in Peru and showered by the passion and friendship of the Peruvian people, the sandy dry coast no longer looks like dessert to me. It a dry, harsh environment some poor people here have to live with, like the deep cracks on my dry fingers and heels I have to live with, or, again, the bus wifi was out of commission that I have to live with.

Everyone lives with different set of restraints the person has to live with, yet some (including me) have the luck, vision, and courage to break up away from the restraints to seek new opportunities and experience. The cute little Peruvian girl sang in the bus may make her way to the international stage to be another Jennifer Lopez (I still do not know why people here gave me the nick name. I did not look like her and I did nit sing or dance here).

I hope one day people in peru will strive away from poverty and reach their dreams, no matter what the dreams are. One of my hiking guides wants to get married and starts his own travel agency next year, and another one of my hiking guides would like sing and compete for Peruvian idol. I have the same hope for my family and friends around the world.

Once you determine what is most important for you, go for it. Do not let the little chicken in you and people around you to dissuade you from your dreams, true calling and/or path. I am traveling here regardless of my broken Spanish, the petty crime in Peru, by myself alone, and taking a leave from work without pay. I have waited for long enough yet still having great health, physical strength, adaptability, and spirit to travel and venture like people in their 20s. Do not wait for too long, my friends, especially those who want to hike the mount Everest.

I just watched a movie "Rio" in the bus about returning a parrot trafficked to US and grown up in US back to the Rio jungle to learn to fly and live there. The movie moved me to tears at the end. We all need to release the restraints impose by the society and others and revive our true nature and instinct to live a life we truly desired and enjoyed, rather than being trapped in the cement building and sitting in front of computers the whole day and day after day.

In addition, i would like to visit Rio during the conerval one day.

Another cute movie tilted HOP was about Easter island, bunnies, and Easter eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment