Saturday, October 8, 2011

Three wineries near Ica, Peru

Had a tour with my new friends from irland and Peru and learned the process of making wine in Peru, uniquely shaped 70-liter containers (making the site looks like a ruin), and the famous pisco sour. I had such a great time testing over 15 kinds of wines and slept from noon until 3:30 pm after the tour.

Pisco, name of the traditional drink and patrimony of Peru, is the symbol of Peruvian pride and nationality. The wineries have festivals in march each year to cerebrate to ripe of the grapes with grape dance and miss vine.

After the tour, i went back to the lagoon for free wifi and chatted with my new Japanese friend has been traveling around the world for four years and never looked back to his salary man life in Japan. He is much happier now for his freedom of traveling and paying for his living by selling handcraft and surveyors. Of course, it took a lot of gut to do what he is doing, but I sensed his true happiness. I worked stay in Japan for 6 months in 2001 and 2002, so I know how suffocating it was in that japanes life style.

No comments:

Post a Comment