Saturday, October 1, 2011

Secondary jungle in Setena Ecuador

It is secondary in the sense that there are indigenous people live there, while a primary jungle has no people living there. I have no time to travel into a primary one this time.

We did a waterfall hike with rubber boots and tracked up a cliff with rope. Our guide expained several amozon plants, and weaved leaves into umbrella and handbag. Thereafter, lunch and a nap. I skipped a river swim in pouring rain to avoid catching cold. We made some bracelets from a beans before dinner. It is too cold to take shower so I just brushed my teeth and went to bed. I came to experience the jungle and how the indigious people live their life which is surely not for me.

We walked in the jungle for learn different plants to assist indigious people to survive there. There are toxic tree roots to numb fish, solider ants jaws for sewing worms, natural for face painting, swinging with vines, eating ants in a limon tree, etc. We tubes after to wash away mud. In the afternoon, we made chocolate from the beans.

1 comment: