Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Tena: gateway to Ecuador Amozon

It rained miserably this morning, and I checked with 2 travel agencies without any tours going out. I was so disappointed that I decided to check a nearby town then bear out to the major city and skip an amazon trip. I gave myself the last chance to talk to a 3rd agency which is closer to the bus terminal but almost in the middle of nowhere of the edge of Tena. I am glad that I did that and booked myself a 2 day tour from 9/29.
I tried to visit La Isla today but it was closed due to recent big flood. But i did not give up and ask the keeper if it would open in the afternoon. There is no way or bridge to the island but a canoe. I went back later and it was open. I saw trees and little monkeys. I had one rested on my hand and took a photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment