Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Hot spring and waterfall bike ride in Banos, Ecuador

The hot spring house has several pools of different temperatures and quite crowded in the evening. I was lucky to meet my roommate on the hostel and enjoyed the hot spring right after my arrival of Banos at 6 pm. She also oriented me about the town. The nect day we bike-rode downhill to several water falls, and then took a 4 hr bus to Tena, the gateway to Ecuador amazon. We came across an opportunity to bungee jump duing the bike ride but I was not brave enough to take it while she did not have the budget.

She is just 18 and has stayed in a host family in Tena for 2 months. She spent a few days to visit Banos. She will later travel within Ecuador, peru, and other south American countries. Wish I had the opportunities when I was 18. It is not bad to travel at my age with much less financial concerns. My dear friends, don't wait until you have money but not enough energy and health to travel.

1 comment: