Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Tierradeutro historical sites, Colombia

Just based upon my new Germany couple friends' recommendation, I took one way 5 hr bumpy bus ride to the middle of nowhere. The bus ride was bumpier than the old/styled wooden roller coaster, and last for 5 hrs. Don't do it if you have old dental fillings because they would be shakeout.

The couple sailed over the world with their 32 ft boat and has been traveling for 6 yrs. They have never got very Ill, yet got tired of traveling once and retreated back to Germany for 4 months. Hope my body and spirit will function as well during my remaining trip.

I am so lucky to meet so many people who exchanged emails and traveling/life experience with me.

Referring back to the sites, i was the only foreigner in town. When the local people realized that I got lost, they retrieved the only English teacher in town who tried to catch up with me to direct me back to the museum 2 km way back.

I lost 1.5 hrs due to the mishap but got to see the church at San Andrea town center, and still managed to hit two sites by 4 pm. This little town is absolutely quilt and nothing going on. I felt like sitting at the bottom of a grave or ocean. I am not associating it with death but peace and insolution in deep meditation. No noisy young clowd or seasoned travelers to chat with as in hostels, just me, as quilt as the pots and paintings sit in the caves within the museum property.

It was a nice surprise that I ran into the 2nd foreigner in town who has been ridding on a motor bike in central and south America since December 2010 (starting from florida). He was a mechanical engineer who decided to walk/ride away from his job to travel as he always wanted. I shared with him the stories and purposes of life I learned from other backpackers, and wish we all find what we are seeking for.

After dinner, I practiced yoga, listened to my Spanish audiobook, and slept early so as to visit the museum as soon as it opens at 8 am on the next day. Just like my life back in dc, I still have no desire to watch any tv. The world news has no bearing on my life since I can not change it and decide not to emotionally react to it. Most of the time we waste our energy to worry for things we cannot change. I did listen to george winston for a break from south America music that I was over-exposed to for 2 weeks.

During 2 days, i finished all five sites in 6 hrs. The paintings on the walls of the tumbs were pretty impressive, yet difficult to capture via photos. The last site was hard to reach due to the heat and altitude change.It took me 3 hrs to finish the last loop, while I was still trying to get used to the steep downhills in Colombia. The buses to the sites are hardly on schedule, so I won't recommend visiting there unless you have at least 2 days. While I was waiting for a return bus, a local parade passed by and took a break.
 

1 comment:

  1. I like Amazon. Good journey. I wish I were with you!

    Ling

    ReplyDelete