Thursday, September 15, 2011

Overnight bus ride to the perfect retirement town Medellin, Colombia











I am still searching my purpose of life. When I bumped into a catholic church service wednesday morning and i did not understand one single word of the sermon, I felt the love and faith these people have for God. I remember what my people in Taiwan used to have similar passion and faith in life regardless life hardship and remain happy and contained years ago. Technology brings convenience and hardware advancement, but also endless pursue of more materials. More and quicker communication of information becomes shallow and frivolous rather than deeper and emotionally connected.

I am using the technology to bring you beyond the places, people, and factual based information. It is my interaction with the places and people, as well as how the experience fabrics into my life in dc or any where in the world that may need my talents and time.

The weather here is cool and mild, and cost of living is very low. My daily expense is less than $10USD. The METRO here is more convenient than DC and NYC. I am very impressed by the connected METRO cable cars that carry people living on the hills and provide terrific views of the city day and night. Colombian people have been extremely friendly and helpful to me. One passed me to another until I reached my destination. This morning at least 10 people involved to help me from the center bus terminal via metro to a tiny hostel hidden in medellin, including two metro policemen and two traffic officers. The traffic officers even put me on the toll truck and circled at least 10 minutes to find my tiny hostel.

I have been thinking about short term volunteer opportunities in developing countries, and this is my opportunity to test how adaptable I am to put that idea into practice. My dear friends and family, thank you for being so supportive in helping me realize this dream. For those who share the same dream, I promise you that I will try my best to stay in my course.

No comments:

Post a Comment