Saturday, November 19, 2011

Took the hike to Laguna de los Tres, Argentina

And finished the 15-mile hike in 8 hours. There are wonderful views along the trail. Unfortunately, the Fitz Roy was in cloud the whole day.

The trail ends at the frozen Laguna de los Tres, yet the near-by laguna Sucia is cobalt-blue near the base of Cerro Fitz Roy.

The last 1.5 kilometers of this hike are very steep and exposed. This was the most windy hike I have ever experienced. Two backpacker friends arrived the lake around the same time. They choose to overnight at the nearby Campamento Poincenot prior to climbing the last, difficult stretch.

I hiked with two friends from DC who have very different hiking paces. I ended up hike in-between them and an active elderly group. They were very friendly and shared their nice lunch spot with me so I can hide away from the wind while waiting for my friends. One old gentleman kindly offer me a bread, but I requested an apple in the same bag instead.

Right after the hike, i swing by the supermarket to quickly fix myself a good dinner. I will have a sound sleep tonight in the hostel to get ready for the next day hike.



No comments:

Post a Comment