Monday, November 14, 2011

Overnight bus to Bariloche, Argentina

Bariloche is near the Nahuel Huapi National Park in Argentina. I thought this would my last long bus ride, but after hearing from a travel agent that the views along the 26-hr bus ride between here and el calafata is bumpy yet beautiful, I was tempted to cancel my flight to bus south.

I did not see much volcano ashes left from the June irruption. As said by my Swiss roommate, here reminds him of home. It surely looks like swissland to me. I will take better photos later.

A funny thing worth mentioning is that Argentina has many big old trees planted along the roads such that buses crashed into the high beaches ski the time and created big cracks on the 2nd floor windshields. You can see one clearly on one of the posted photos.

I love my hostel which has the million dollars view.

No comments:

Post a Comment