Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Way to Puerto Natales Chile

Puerto Natales is the gateway to Trekking in Torres del Payne National Park. It has a few trekking shops and supermarkets.

However, I was almost sent back to Argentina by the Chilean customs due to their confusion of Taiwan (republic of china) vs. China (people of republic of china). It took them over half an hour to look at the Internet, their manuals, calls to other offices and head quarter. I almost decided to take the next bus back to Argentina rather than hiding up my fellow passengers.

Anyway, they finally figured out that they can let me in to continue my 90 days visa.

I run around the town to listen to a hiking briefing, rent a tent and a stove, and get 5-day food supplies. I have not backpacker since college and the trail is windy, so I am quite nervous. On top of these factors, I could not find any hiking partner, so I will have to find one or more on the trail tomorrow.

I walked around the town after finishing cooking and eating dinner. The mountain range looked great across the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment