Friday, November 18, 2011

Southen National Park Los Glaciares, Argentina

El Chaltén is in the Patagonian region of southern National Park Los Glaciares, and located 2.5 hrs away from el calafate.

After settling in the town, I took 2 short hikes in the afternoon total 8.4 miles. One has a view to the lake viedma, and the other leads to a waterfall. The views were gorgeous, yet the weather changed fast. One minute sunny and hot, and the next minute windy and cold. It was so windy at some location that I was almost blown off the rock. I met a new friend during the lake view hike, and then we took the waterfall hike together.

She works as a pharmacist in Buenos Aires, and has very limited time to cover the Patagonia. She told me that she has to trail run 15 km one afternoon. I will take my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment