Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Flight into el calafata, Argentina

Due to the closure of bariloche airport, I had to get up at 4:30 am to take an airline 4-hr shuttle bus to another airport. The flight was one hr late. I prefer buses yet I booked the tickets before I traveled in south America.

Buses are more puncture, at least 50% cheaper, and with no luggage limits, but taking much longer. I would ride 22 hrs more on a bus to get in el calafata if I did not take the flight. I almost decided to take the bus because Aerolineas airline just had a strike and canceled 3-day of international flights.

My 4-hr bus ride into the airport was not bad and had some good views of lakes and el bolson. I also got to meet with my backpacking coach on person here. We have been corresponding via emails since June. In addition, o met two fellow DC hikers whom I plan to hike together in this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment