Thursday, November 17, 2011

Tour Moreno Glacier near El Calafate, Argentina

With my singarpore friends and his three backpacking friends using a rental car, which saved us a lot of money than taking tourstheSe witnessed the enormous glacier broke/cracked into pieces and listened to all the sounds that the cracking ice makes.

The park admission was high yet its Viewing platforms and easy trails make the gracier accessible which would otherwise takes time to hike to.

I run into two friends I met who took a boat and ice hiking excursion and of the glaciers at 10 times of out cost. I am contained to tour the National Park Los Glaciares our way to enjoy the colors and shapes of the ice-bergs floating in the lake as awesome and fantastic as others do.

Some people travel cheap because of their low budget. I travel cheap to reflect my values of things. I only pay as much as I think they worth to me, regardless of the prevailing market values or my personal wealth.

We also run into a friend of my singarpore friend. He is a Korean backpacker who travels in 2.5USD a day, by staying at churches and campgrounds, hitchhiking with trucks, and receiving donations of food, cigerates, etc. He arrived in the late afternoon when we were ready to leave the park by hitchhiking with two trucks. We shared with him some food we had since he was really hungry. He has travelled over 1 yr this way in south America, and will continue for another 10 months. He worked as an engineer in Korea.

I am not sure whether he travels this way for any religious reasons (e.g., believing god will always be there fir him), or to just short of money. If he did not tell me he is a christian, i would think he lives like a budist monk. One thing I know is that he is free from worry of being homeless since he is already one, while the rest of the world work so hard for now and for retirement to avoid from becoming homeless. Life is about making choices. He made many unique choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment