Thursday, November 3, 2011

Tour the 3rd largest salt flat in the world, Chile

An hour drive away from San pedro lies the chile's largest salt flat, spotted pink flamingos and its edges crinkled by volcanoes (symmetrical Licancábur, at 5916m, looms closest to the village). Here also lies high plateau lagoons filled with snowmelt water. The highlights include the toconao village, the jere village, the national park Los flamencos (VGA as lagoon), the socatire village, the mid anti and minister lagoons.

After 2 months of traveling, I felt tired and miss home. Traveling in chile is frustrating because it takes much longer to move among cities and the buses do not run everyday.

My new Taiwanese friends has traveled around the world except africa. I asked him what he is going to do after finishing Africa, since he will finish what he plans to know when he retires. He is not sure about the answer. He will work a few years to save more money and figure it out. I know traveling is not the purpose of my life, yet I have already save enough money yo retire. I am facing more urgent situation to respond before I return home in early December.

No comments:

Post a Comment