Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Tour on my birthday, Argentina

I saw the Aconcagua near the park entrance today. I am not sure if i will come back again to climb this America's highest peak Aconcagua. There are 3, 5, 7 days options to get closer to the peak other than the full 19 days hike. The base camp may be ready by the end of November. I run into three young men in the hostel who hiked to the peak last summer and are receiving training in Mendoza to guide the hikes this summer.

During the tour, Our tour guide shared an interesting aspect of Condors. Condors maintain one spouse for life. When the male condor dies, the female will find a new partner. However , when the female condor dies, the male will commit suicide by dashing his head against rock.

Me and my friends in Mendoza had Argentina steaks and red wine for dinner together to celebrate my birthday. We ate, chat, and joked until passing midnight local time.

As to you, my friends in other time zones, Thank you for all your kind blessings for me! I am so lucky to experience life with your involvement and supports.

No comments:

Post a Comment